“You'll never know what you're capable of until you take that first step and just go for it.”
Natasha Hastings, American Track and Field Sprinter
Sport plays a huge role in our Prep School and girls enjoy a wide variety of sports with plenty of opportunity for competition. From Reception until Year 6, PE is taught by our specialist sports teacher, Miss Critchley. From age 2 to Reception, we focus on core skills such as balance, agility and movement. We introduce sports such as netball, football, hockey and gymnastics so that when they move into the Prep School they have basic skills and are ready to start competing.
2022 - 2023
- AJIS U10 Netball Champions
- U10B AJIS Plate Runners up and Silver Medals
- ISA North Netball Silver medallists
- SSL Macc Macclesfield Netball Tournament Winners
- U9s and U11s Cross Country Champions Terra Nova Cross Country Tournament
- AJIS inter Schools Cross Country Winners of the small school competition
- MSSP Area Netball Tournament Winners
- Manchester Harriers Cross Country Winners Y5/6 League
- AJIS U 11 Cricket Champions
When children reach Year 3, they start to compete in fixtures which is hugely exciting for the girls as they are extremely proud to represent their school. Girls in Years 3 to 6 are very successful in sports fixtures and compete against schools throughout the region in netball, hockey, cricket, rounders and cross country.
The girls in Years 3 - 6 also have swimming lessons and tennis lessons in the summer.
Prep Sports Facilities include:
- Five Netball and Tennis Courts
- Two sports fields for Athletics and Rounders
- A Prep Indoor Gym
- Large Indoor Sports Hall (Millennium Hall)
We actively promote a love of sport and there are a number of Enrichment opportunities for girls to take part in weekly.
- Hockey – includes coaching from a professional hockey coach
- Netball – weekly netball coaching
- Cross Country – weekend cross country meets throughout the year plus in-school club
- Gymnastics – weekly club in school
- Hockey Goalkeeping Club
Each year, a highlight in the Prep School calendar is our spectacular Sports Day. Every girl from Nursery through to Year 6 takes part in races including a mixture of running, sprints and obstacle courses. Girls run for their houses, which are St Emilie, St Hilary, St Francis and St Joan.
Parents are invited to a very competitive Tug-of-War, which is great fun!